Winter Storm Uri is approaching faster than ever, with temperatures dropping to -10 and predicted snowfall of 3-20 inches. Here are some tips to remember before and during the storm.
1. Make sure you have adequate fuel for your home and outside generator.
2. When using a wood fireplace or wood-burning stove, follow safety precautions and make sure you have a hefty supply of wood to keep you warm and cooking.
3. Charge all your battery-powered electronics and devices ahead of time.
4. Turn your heat up before the storm approaches and block off any rooms not being used.
5. Drive only when necessary and have a car emergency kit on hand.
6. If you need to shovel your driveway, don’t overwork yourself and head inside to take a break when needed.
7. Have a sled ready for use when the snow drops and try and find a way to enjoy the crazy weather!
If your home encounters damage from freezing temps or the massive Winter Storm Uri, call IGN Group LLC first! IGN Group LLC is East-Michigan’s premier restoration company. We are here to help fix any repairs that follow the winter storm. Visit our website for a free quote or call us today at 248-464-3115! https://www.igngroupllc.com/get-estimate/